Fall Minis are taking place on October 24th here in Leavenworth, KS! As the leaves were just starting to change when I took the pictures below, I expect some AMAZING fall colors by the time minis roll around. The exact location will be emailed to clients when booking along with your contract, questionnaire, and style&select code. I will also be sending an email as your session date gets closer with a reminder of your session date/time and location.
Please note, give yourself a few extra minutes to allow plenty of time to arrive (the parking lot is fairly close to where we will be shooting but there is a slight hill to get down to where I will be) and find me. It will be myself and an assistant that will help check in clients, keep track of time for me, and overall keep things running smoothly. My assistant will have my phone on her at all times to answer both calls and texts during sessions- my cell is 919-454-1488.
These are just a few of the beautiful areas that we will be shooting in! Tons of variety and I am hoping for some beautiful color in the trees by October 24th. Due to Covid, we are keeping it simple this year with setups. We will have lots of different blankets and a variety of stools, crates, and even a wooden ladder to add variety to standing and sitting shots. We will be spraying down blankets with disinfectant between clients along with wiping down any wood with Clorax wipes. My assistant and I will both be masked throughout sessions and hand sanitizer will be used in mass amounts throughout the evening.
Wardrobe Pinterest Board can be found here (click to open a new page):
These are just IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS. 99% of the time, a wardrobe can be pulled together by items that are already in your closet. Also utilize the style and select code that will be emailed with the contract and questionnaire as it is also a great resource to use for styling and is a service that I include at no additional charge for all my clients. Feel free to message me if you have any questions as I am always happy to help with styling!
- Use the restroom before you go...there are no bathrooms available.
- Have children fed and happy before your session time. If they need a snack on the way, make sure that it isn't something that will stain clothing/face.
- Use bribery...I know, I know, don't bribe our kids and yada yada, but trust me on this, bribery helps make things go a bit smoother for minis. I will have Annie's Organic Mini Fruit Snacks on hand and Smarties- both are individually packaged and are tiny enough that kids can eat one without making a mess.
-Plan on arriving a few minutes early. Arriving early will make sure that you aren't rushing to get there on time. As I am shooting sessions back to back, I CANNOT accommodate late clients.
- Don't stress!!!! We will be keeping these sessions fun and stress free! I am always SO in love with candid shots and they typically end up being my favorite. Once they everyone is warmed up, we will grab a smiling at the camera shot but we will wait towards the end of the session as the kiddos are more relaxed and we tend to get a "real" smile.
- AND.....have fun!!!! I can't wait to capture some amazing memories for your family!!!!